Side project tips
- Take time to investigate new technology, but don’t lose focus on your main thing. Suhail shipped @tunesproject, an NFT in the music space, and immediately refocused on MightyApp.
- Avoid cargo culting and looking to your peers for validation. If 90% of IndieHackers fail to generate revenue, then why should you be doing what the average IndieHacker is doing? (listen to this great podcast)
- Garry Tan had a great tweet this morning (see below). Start today and try to think in decades. A thing to keep in mind: it won’t likely be obvious why you should stick with it for the first year.
- Next.js Conf is 43 days away! Sign up to claim your ticket. Over 8,000 people have registered as of this writing (check out my ticket.)
- Be careful when naming and making API decisions, they might end up set in stone:
Here’s why we use h, j, k, l as motion keys in vi and vim: Bill Joy used an ADM-3A terminal, which (besides a 80x24 screen) had a keyboard that looked like this: This is also where the “~” shortcut for “$HOME” comes from. pic.twitter.com/y4LDhUh1qy
September 4th 2021