My name is Drew and I’m a full stack dev. I’m a big believer in Next.js and have written several posts about Next and Vercel.
If you're new to Next.js, here's how I recommend getting started:
- Complete Next's free interactive getting started course
- Create a basic app using
create-next-app& deploy it to Vercel (setup Github integration)
- Check out open source examples of how to use Next with your fav tech
Not convinced Next.js is right for your use case? Check out my Why Next.js article.
- Why Next.js? — Next.js is my default choice when starting a new project, big or small. Here's why I think you should use it, pros and cons included.
- Next.js 2020 highlights — Next.js Conf 2020 revealed Next 10 along with some other great work.
- Monitoring performance in Next.js — Next.js and Vercel make monitoring Core Web Vitals simple.
- How I pick my tech stack for side projects — Either pick new tech to learn or use tech you know to build fast. For me, that means Next.js.
Next.js is my default choice when starting a new project, big or small. Here's why I think you should use it, pros and cons included.
Looking for a backend as a service? You probably haven't heard of Supabase, but you should. It's my default choice when building new businesses.
I struggled through integrating with Google Ad Manager for weeks at work. Here are my notes.
Next goes static, the death of custom servers (on Vercel), and serverless function recipes.
Next.js Conf 2020 revealed Next 10 along with some other great work.
Core Web Vitals are a game changer for web performance monitoring. Here's an intro to how to monitor them.
Divjoy can help you generate a Next.js starter and get your side project finished faster.
Next.js makes monitoring Core Web Vitals simple.
How to do micro-frontends on Vercel with a single domain.
Making it easy to write my blog by making the backend powered by Notion as the CMS.
Either pick new tech to learn or use tech you know to build fast.
Setting up a new domain and configuring email is often the first step in starting a project.
Cron jobs are the first tool I reach for when needing to automate a simple part of a project. Here's how I set them up in a Next.js app hosted on Vercel.
My first Next.js newsletter went out this week. Here's what was in it.
A Next.js job board.